- Elle Martinez joins Jon to discuss her book “Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money”
- Why she is passionate about helping couples with their money
- The importance of knowing your “Why” when it comes to money
- How to have the hard conversations with your spouse
- Quote of the lesson from Dave Ramsey
I have the privilege of welcoming guest Elle Martinez to the show to discuss her new book titled Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money.
I wanted to have Elle on the show because her podcast is great and I couldn’t wait to pick her mine on a topic that most of will face at some point in our life, if we haven’t done so already, and that is money and marriage.
- How Elle and her husband got on the same page financially
- Why couples struggle with money so often
- The importance of focusing on your “Why” and not the “What”
- What Money Dates are and why they are important to take
- How to have the hard conversations with your spouse on money
- What motivated to write her book
- What she learned about couples and money through years of podcasting and writing the book
Elle’s book, Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money, will be released on June 13th and can be found on Amazon.
In addition I recommend you subscribe to Elle’s podcast, Couples Money, if you haven’t done so already.
Other resources related to today’s lesson:
- Money and Marriage with guest Lisa White
- The key to handling money in marriage is communication!
- Get naked-stripping to down to money and marriage with guest Derek Sisterhen
- Five ways that budgeting will improve your marriage
- Financial Infidelity and the power of joint accounts
To send in your questions email me at Jon@JWFinancialCoaching.com
Today’s quote of the lesson is brought to you by Audible.com
“Money is an opportunity to reach unity in marriage. When couples work together, they can do anything.” ~ Dave Ramsey
Enjoyed this lesson? If so, please consider taking a few minutes to leave a review of the show either in Stitcher SmartRadio, or iTunes. For a step by step video of how that works, please watch this video on how to leave a review in iTunes.
You can subscribe to future podcasts through Stitcher SmartRadio or iTunes, Google Play or by downloading the iPhone app. Or you may listen to the podcast on the JW’s Financial Coaching Facebook Fan page.