Highlights of today’s show:
- 13 ways to take control of your finances in 2013
- Good reminders for whatever situation you are in
- First you have to decide what you want to do with your money this year
- Review your cash savings, retirement, mortgage rate, and insurance coverage
- Look at your financial situations in the long run as well as the short run
Today we kick off the podcast in style by discussing 13 ways to improve your finances in 2013. Whether you are doing all 13 things currently or doing none of them, this is a great list to go through and review; you might find a thing or two you can change to improve your finances in 2013. Below are the 13 things:
- Sit down and decide what you want to do with money in 2013
- Know where your money is going each month
- Look at how the recent tax change impacts your take home pay
- Look at your cash savings
- Eliminate debt
- Don’t take out new debt
- Focus on your career
- Take a look at your long-term investments
- Review your insurance coverage
- Eliminate the clutter from your life
- Look at your mortgage rate
- Educate yourself
- View your financial decisions as long term
Is there something that I forgot? Please leave a comment below. In addition I also mentioned my recommended reading list as a good way to educate yourself in 2013.
You can subscribe to future Podcasts through Feedburner, Stitcher SmartRadio, or iTunes. Or you may listen to the podcast on the JW’s Financial Coaching Facebook Fan page. In addition, if you have enjoyed the show for awhile now, please leave a review of the podcast on iTunes. For a step by step video of how that works, please watch this video on how to leave a review in iTunes.
If you have any comments, questions, or ideas for future shows you can send them to me and I will integrate them into a future show. There are two ways to get in touch with me:
1.) Email me at JWFinancialcoaching@gmail.com – Please put “podcast” in the subject line and keep your questions brief so they are readable on air.
2.) Simply fill out the form on the contact page. Please fill out your name, email, and your question/comment/suggestion and we will read it on air.
You can find prior editions of the podcast at the podcast archive page.