- Want to set a solid financial foundation but don’t know where to start?
- Five exercises to take control of your finances
- Why it is important to have your goals set before the new year
- How to enter for a chance to a win a copy of “The School of Greatness” by Lewis Howes
- Quote of the lesson
Hard to believe it but 2015 is almost over. That means it’s time to focus on what we want to do in 2016. You might be thinking, “Wow, can’t I enjoy Christmas first before I focus on 2016?” While that is true, the thing I’ve noticed with setting and achieving goals is that the sooner you know what they are, the easier it is to work your goals and ultimately achieve your goals.
Because of that fact today we’re starting a two part series on the podcast on short little daily exercises we can start to take control of your finances. We’ll do five today and then five on the next lesson. My recommendation is that over the course of a week you one of these exercises a day and after doing each one you will have a better idea of where you stand financially and know what the next steps are in your financial journey.
Below are the five exercises we talk about on today’s lesson:
Day 1-Figuring out your Net Worth
Day 2-Listing out your Debt
- Best way to payoff your debt
- The three steps you need to do before you get out of debt
- Is it important to spend less or make more when getting out of debt
- Try getting out of debt . . . if you hate it you can always go back
- The “Good Debt” vs. “Bad Debt” myth
Day 3-Creating a simple Budget
- What are the four walls in budgeting?
- Budgeting on an irregular income
- Budgeting when you get paid every other week
- If Budgeting is not fun than why do it?
Day 4-Emergency Savings
- Life is going to happen; so let it happen with an emergency fund
- The Emergency Fund-Turning a crisis into an inconvenience
- What’s an emergency?
Day 5-Sell some of your stuff
This podcast is inspired by a 10 part video series I did at the beginning of the year titled, Countdown to take control of 2015.
Also on the podcast I announce the kickoff to a promotion I’m doing in the month December. I’ll be giving away a copy of the New York Times and Amazon Best Seller “The School of Greatness” by Lewis Howes.
As someone who has read “The School of Greatness” (Currently reading it for the second time) and have worked through the exercises in the book, I can tell you the words are inspiring and the material works. It’s not a magic book though, you just can’t read it and everything change in your life. You have to be motivated and dedicated to achieve your dreams and goals. But hearing Lewis and other people’s stories of overcoming adversity to achieve great things in their field is rather motivating and inspiring.
There are two ways to get your name entered into the drawing
- Take a five question survey about your financial goals
As a better way to serve you, I’m conducting a five question survey regarding your financial goals and how we at JWFinancialCoaching.com can help you achieve those goals. The survey shouldn’t take more than five minutes. But the results are really important in helping identify what your financial goals and needs are and helps us to create material that will give you a new perspective on your money which will help improve your economy.
The survey is anonymous, but to get entered into the drawing you will need to input your email at the end of the survey. You can view the survey at JWFinancialCoaching.com/Survey
- Subscribe to the JW’s Financial Coaching Newsletter
If you haven’t subscribed to the Newsletter yet, simply enter your name and email and you will be signed up. By doing so you’ll get an email in your inbox once a month or so encouraging you to focus on improving your economy.
As an added bonus, you’ll also receive a link to listen to JW’s Manifesto on Money audio book. This is a 20 minute audio book sharing my views on money and how it impacts every part of our lives.
To signup please visit JWFinancialCoaching.com/Newsletter or you can signup at the end of the survey
The deadline to enter is Monday December 20th at 11:59 PM EST
If you are interested in purchasing “The School of Greatness” on your own please visit Greatnessbook.com.
Today’s quote of the lesson is brought to you by Audible.com.
“Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing ” – Vince Lombardi
Enjoyed this lesson? If so, please consider taking a few minutes to leave a review of the show either in Stitcher SmartRadio, or iTunes. For a step by step video of how that works, please watch this video on how to leave a review in iTunes.