Highlights of today’s show:
- Credit Card debt is on the rise
- Do not recommend using them
- Readers are 50/50 on using them
- What are your thoughts on credit cards?
- When do you file your income taxes?
Credit card debt continues to rise. Having worked with individuals and couples over the past few years this stat does not surprise me. I have talked about credit cards some on the podcast before, but today I share my full view on them and share your thoughts as well. According to a Facebook poll, you the listeners are 50/50 on your use of credit cards. Some do not carry them and the others have them but pay them off each month. Either way I am not going to be too upset with you. However, if you carry a balance each month then please realize that these cards have not been a blessing to you so please consider closing the account to further charges and start to pay off the balance.
Below are some articles or podcasts I have done on credit cards:
- Friday Financial Tidbit-Credit cards are not evil. It is what you do with them that can get you into trouble. 02/24/12
- Friday Financial Tidbit-Do you need a FICO score if you are not borrowing money? 02/03/12
- Vlog: You are not helping your child by building up their credit! 11/09/11
- What happens in your 20′s doesn’t stay in your 20′s 09/14/11
- Friday Financial Tidbit-Beware of the Corporate Credit Card 09/02/11
- Friday Financial Tidbit-Borrowing money to get out of debt does not work 07/15/11
- JW’s Financial Coaching Podcast-”Living without credit cards” with guest Steve Stewart of Moneyplan SOS 06/30/11
- Friday Financial Tidbit: Want to earn money on your credit card? Pay it off! 04/01/11
- JW’s Financial Coaching Podcast-The financial issues 20 something’s are facing in 2011 02/17/11
- Friday Financial Tidbit-Reward Credit Cards only reward the bank, not you! 01/07/11
In addition, I also filed my families income taxes last week. I am not a tax expert by any means, but why is it that the more I learn about taxes the more I get angry? I think it is because the tax system we have currently is so confusing with so many income restrictions and miscellaneous items you can deduct. But I want to know when you file your income taxes. Are you one who does them right away, do you procrastinate, or do you file when you need a refund? I am doing a poll on Facebook to see when most people file their taxes.
You can now find the podcast on Stitcher SmartRadio! Stitcher allows you to listen to your favorite shows directly from your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and beyond. So if you have a smart phone and want to stream the podcast from your phone, please download the app from their website.
You can subscribe to future Podcasts either through Feedburner or iTunes. Or you may listen to the podcast on the JW’s Financial Coaching Facebook Fan page. In addition, if you have enjoyed the show for a while now, please leave a review of the podcast on iTunes. For a step by step video of how that works please watch this video on how to leave a review in iTunes. Big thanks to my friend Glen Steinson for helping me create the video.
If you have any comments, questions, or ideas for future shows you can send them to me and I will integrate them into a future show. There are two ways to get in touch with me:
1.) Email me at JWFinancialcoaching@gmail.com – Please put “podcast” in the subject line and keep your questions brief so they are readable on air.
2.) Simply fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Please fill out your name, email, where you are from, the subject line, and your question/comment/suggestion and we will read it on air.
You can find prior editions of the podcast at the podcast archive page
[contact-field label="Name" type="name" required="true" /]
[contact-field label="Email" type="email" required="true" /]