After months of hard work and anticipation, I am so proud to finally announce that my new book A Tale of Two Houses-Our journey of buying a house the right way after buying one the wrong way is now available for purchase.
Why I wrote A Tale of Two Houses
When I bought my first piece of property 10 years ago, I had no clue whatsoever as to what I was doing or getting myself into. Long story short, I made a lot of dumb mistakes that cost me thousands upon thousands of dollars and added a lot of stress to my life. After going through that experience and coming through the other side I was determined not to let that happen again.
So with our family’s latest purchase of property in 2013 I documented every single detail related to the sale of our existing home and the purchase of our new one. In the end we got a great buy and a house that has been a financial blessing.
But the idea of writing a book on the right way to buy a house wouldn’t leave my mind. I just kept getting tired of hearing friends, co-workers, and others not having any idea as to what they were getting into and hearing how they regretted their home purchase experience.
In coaching with people one on one and answering questions on my podcast I kept hearing the same worries when it came to buying a home
- Understanding all of the underlying costs of owning a home
- Falling home values and not having an emergency fund
- Getting trapped into something, not planning well
- Catastrophic failure of major issues that were missed in the inspection
- The cost in selling your current home and buying a future home-Is it worth the cost?
I can say with confidence that this book will help you understand the costs of buying a home, will help prepare you to make your purchase a financially beneficial one, and help lessen the worries you have about buying a house.
A Tale of Two Houses-Our journey of buying a house the right way after buying one the wrong way will teach you the costs of buying and selling a home. But it’s not just a book of facts and figures. It also is a book where we openly share our story through the entire process. The ups and downs, the joys and the stresses, the expensive parts and the real life cost of real estate.
A Tale of Two Houses will help you answer the following questions:
- How to best find a real estate agent that is an All-Star
- How much should I expect to keep from the sale of my current house?
- What type of mortgage should we take out?
- The best way to negotiate a sale or a buy
- How much house can I afford?
- Is it better to move yourself or hire someone else to do it
What Others are Saying
- “I really liked the [Real numbers] portion of the book. By putting your actual numbers out there it gives me a better idea of all the cost associated with home buying.”
- “I like that you have the actual cost. You don’t ever see these in books.”
- “I have provided the lenders I’ve spoken to with a list of fees asking them to put their charges next to each. It has helped me BIG Time in taking control of the lender selecting process”
- “Your book has provided me with great information that I will be using when purchasing a new home”
- “The book is clear and concise and goes over every step you will cross when buying or selling a home along with some common pitfalls to avoid that can potentially save you thousands of dollars down the road.”
- “Like Jonathan, I bought my first home exactly like he did, that is the wrong way. I still have not bought a second one, but after reading A Tale of Two Houses (in two evenings I might add), I am confident I can buy my second home the RIGHT way.
- “This book give me hope that purchasing a home can put you in a great financial position versus being under water and stressed out about finances.”
Watch the pre-sale webinar replay below to learn more about A Tale of Two Houses
Also, a lot of you have been asking about the audio version of the book. That is definitely in the pipeline and will be available after the launch date on April 12th. I have no specific launch date yet of the audio book, but will keep you posted once I have one.
Try a chapter
Click to download the Introduction and first chapter of A Tale of Two Houses
I wrote this book for you guys. My hope is that A Tale of Two Houses will help you in your home-buying journey to make a wise purchase. You have been my loyal readers of the blog and listeners of the podcast and I couldn’t do this without you, so THANK YOU for your support!
To be the first to be notified of events related to the launch of A Tale of Two Houses please join our email newsletter list below: